Together we have created an innovative integrated programme that harnesses the University’s world-leading expertise in healthcare, business and policy. Our faculty will work with colleagues in the Nuffield Department of Medicine and draw on expertise across the wider University to ensure a rounded, relevant and expert learning experience.
MSc in Global Healthcare Leadership
- 18 months + dissertation
- Part time
Applications open for September 2022
Global health challenges have highlighted the complexity of decision making in healthcare systems and the need for good leadership.
The MSc in Global Healthcare Leadership is an executive programme that enables busy leaders working in or alongside the healthcare profession to gain credible, unrivalled expertise, to address the challenges of a globally disrupted healthcare environment, from world-leading faculty at the University of Oxford.
The programme takes a holistic approach, looking at healthcare from an individual, organisational and systematic perspective. It will help you develop resilience, increase your confidence and give you the capability to lead change to innovate and strengthen healthcare provisions, both clinical and non-clinical.
The University of Oxford is a leading expert in healthcare. Our MSc in Global Healthcare Leadership brings together two outstanding research departments from Saïd Business School and Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences. This collaboration connects business with healthcare from leading research faculty in the field.
Intellectually rigorous and highly practical, the part-time modular format consists of seven in-person modules and one module online. During these courses, you’ll benefit from discussion and networking with an international group of world-class faculty, guest experts and peers.
- Healthcare leader: Personal perspectives and challenges
- Organisational leadership
- Systems leading in comparative health systems
- Leading with evidence-based healthcare
- Healthcare innovation
- Healthcare policy and systems
- Challenges in global health
- Evidence-based healthcare: Study design and research methods
University of Oxford partnership
The programme is led by the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences in partnership with Saïd Business School.
This is a unique opportunity for healthcare leaders to reflect on their experience and develop new insights. It will take a global perspective, creating a new community of practice designed to build resilience and expertise for the future.
- Develop crucial leadership, resilience and innovation skills
- 开发一个个人定制的sp领导方法ecifically to your own environment with the support of a highly qualified professional coach.
- Gain the in-depth knowledge required to make informed, evidence-based decisions
- Learn how others manage data and lead their healthcare delivery
- Lead and navigate change: Become a strong leader equipped to address the challenges of a disrupted healthcare environment, learning from faculty professors currently advising at government and C-Suite level at the forefront of pandemic decision-making.
- Build a professional network of scientific, medical and business experts in the healthcare sector
- Become a member of the Oxford community
To your organisation
- Immediately applicable content
- Practical frameworks
- Encourages innovation within health systems
- Access game-changing research
- Retain and develop top achievers and high-potential employees
Expected class profile
You will develop a network of lifelong value from your highly diverse, international and senior class.
Average years' experience
Saïd Business School and the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences are both embedded at the heart of the University of Oxford.
每个模块将提供交互和networking opportunities with classmates, faculty and industry guests - whilst offering you privileged access to different parts of the historic Oxford University.
You will become a member of one of the University's colleges. This membership enables you to make wider connections with a multidisciplinary community of Oxford faculty and students.
After you have completed the programme, you will also become a member of the Oxford Business Alumni Network (OBA), offering valuable ongoing networking and learning opportunities.
Scholarships and funding
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion.
We offer one 50% Women's Scholarship in each class, this is designed to support the progression of talented women into senior roles in healthcare.
We also offer one 50% Director's Award, this is open to candidates who can effectively demonstrate how they will enhance the learning experience of the cohort through the diverse experiences they have accumulated to date.
As health systems address the challenges of the 21st century, balancing limited resources with the needs of ageing populations with more chronic diseases, the need for high quality leadership is more important than ever.
Who can apply?
该项目设计for experienced healthcare managers and leaders.
You should have strong academic and professional credentials with over five years' relevant professional experience.
You will be an experienced middle to senior-level healthcare manager and leader seeking to move on to a more senior job within your organisation and extend and deepen your professional expertise.
Our programme is open to both clinical and non-clinical executives.
The cost of the 2022-2024 programme is £48,670
- Tuition, lunch, refreshments and one college dinner per module
- University and College services